Arrangements for pupils with disabilities
We uphold children’s right to education and recognise the diverse educational needs within our community. We know needs may change and require a range of provision. We have a duty to offer that provision where we can, to foster inclusion and provide full educational access. Please see our Local Offer on our website.
Some children need increased support to access learning because:
- they have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age;
- they have a disability as defined under the Equality Act, which affects their ability to access and benefit from the educational opportunities generally enjoyed by children of the same age.
We will try to ensure that all barriers to equal access are removed or overcome. We monitor and track progress of all children so that the support provided is as effective as possible. We welcome the full engagement of parents and carers and where necessary, seek support and advice from specialists outside school to ensure we develop and maintain a range of flexible resources to meet the needs of all children.
Provision made at Brindishe Manor for children with disabilities includes:
- l experienced teaching and support staff
- l additional adult support
- l differentiated teaching and learning
- l specific learning resources and materials
- l minor building adaptations and design
Parents and carers with a child who has a disability or special needs should in the first instance apply to the school using the standard Lewisham Council form called Children and Young People's Services Application for Admission to Primary School. If possible the application form should be accompanied by professional documents.